Migrating data/files failure or could not complete importing
- Check for any error message and attempt to resolve the issues that are mentioned.
- Exclude all plugins and cache directory when exporting files and data, then import them to Shifter again.
- Try migration again with a different migration tool.
We recommend using All in One WP Migration plugin for migrating to Shifter.
Could not start WordPress with error after data migration
If you got 500/502/503/504 error or PHP error, address troubles with the below steps:
- Start WordPress in Safe Mode to disable all plugins and switch the theme to the WordPress default.
- Enable plugins one by one to find any plugins that may be causing an issue.
If you discover that a plugin is causing an error, disable it or use an alternative.
- Once any plugin related issues are resolved, generate an artifact, and check for any errors that may occur. Never forget to disable auto deployment before creating an artifact while you’re debugging.
- Start WordPress again, activate the theme that you would like to use, and monitor for any errors or issues that may occur.
If you find that a theme is causing an error, disable the theme and use an alternative.
- Once all theme related issues are resolved, generate an artifact, and check for any problems. Never forget to disable auto deployment before creating an artifact while you’re debugging.
Still having trouble?
We would love to help you with any issue that you are experiencing so please contact our support desk at any time. Feel free to include any error messages you have received and screenshots of any issue.